Monday, October 28, 2013

HAEDs versus everything else

Since the mojo seems to be pretty happy with HAEDs at the moment, I'm thinking about making some changes to my rotation.  I was hoping to see at least one more finish this year with Watergarden and/or Dorothy Walpole, but I really don't think that's going to happen.  My mojo goes on vacation when those two pieces come out.  I've even spent some time with some kitted Chatelaines and I'm just not feeling them.  So, I think I'm going to stick with HAEDs through the end of the year or until the mojo decides it's had enough.

I've made some great progress on Earth Song this week.  If I would have stuck with it for another night last month, I probably would have seen the second page finished them.  As it was, I finished it Thursday night.


I'm hoping to have the third (partial) page finished tonight.  At this point, I'm planning on keeping this one out through the end of the month.

At this point, I'm thinking about a couple of new starts.  They're both part of the goals challenge on the HAED BB and totally doable if I change my rotation.

First one is Nightshade by Maxine Gadd


Since I'm not going to stitch the black, my goal was to do the first two pages of the rest of the chart.

Then is Her Private Garden by Boris Vallejo.


My goal for this one is half of page one. 

My kits for both of these have been upstairs for a while now, just waiting for a start.  Maybe on the first, I'll flip a coin or just have my kids pick one for a new start.



3 comments:

Angie said...

nothing worse than trying to force yourself to stitch something you aren't feeling. I tend to go through phases of what I want to stitch. Right now I'm in a Japanese Garden phase and a HAED phase.

Pull the other thread said...

Lovely progress. Your two new starts are beautiful, looking forward to seeing your start on them.

Anonymous said...

I think you should try an pick your other pieces up from time to time, but it's no use if you force yourself to work on them.. I'm confident that maybe in a few weeks or months you may feel different and will enjoy you WIPs again. And stitching Haeds isn't so bad after all, is it? ;-)

Your stitching looks great and I am looking forward to see your new starts =)