First, I want to thank Pull the Other Thread for awarding me the Liebster award!
Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
I had problems giving this award to just 5 stitchers, so if for some reason you follow this little blog consider yourself awarded the Liebster!
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
Five random facts about me:
1, I've been stitching since I was 7 or eight... and I still have that very first project and remember stitching it and bothering my Mom to help take out the knots!
2. I've started to get into woodworking. It's another kind of stash!
3. I'm better at finishing walls and ceilings (new construction) than my DH!
4. I'm a huge tomboy. Who would of thunk it with such a girly hobby!
5. I really hate to clean. Not always a good thing living with three boys.
Last weekend we went to see my folks who happen to live on the Platte River in Central Nebraska. Every spring, they get some really noisy visitors. For the most part they stay in the corn fields though.
Hopefully you can enlarge these pics so you can see the pretty Sandhill Cranes that are everywhere and you can even hear from inside the house!