About Me

I'm mom to two amazing boys and I'm an office manager/accountant for a pet pharmaceutical and supplement manufacturer.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Three weeks

I'm still stitching away on Embroidered Elegance 4.  Last weekend, I made it around the second corner.  

With the long holiday weekend, I'm really hoping to finish all the stitching by the time I return to work Monday.  

We're staying at home this weekend.  I've got the turkey defrosted in the fridge.  I just need to brine it tonight and get started on my salads and deserts.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Two weeks

It's only been two weeks but EE4 has been growing by leaps and bounds!

Here's the last time you saw it on 11/9/14

There wasn't a lot of progress during the week, last week, but here is 


and  11/16/14

Last night I did stitch the outer border on the right corner and get everything stitched inside of it except for all the tiny little jessica stitches.  I'm working on those.

Until next time!

Monday, November 10, 2014

Another new start!

Welcome to my new followers!

Last Monday, after I got to work, I printed off the chart for Embroidered Elegance 4.  This one has a pretty simple color scheme and I'm really enjoying it.  I've converted the charted silks to HDF like usual and so far so good.

Here are some pics from last week.




It's kind of hard to believe that it's already as big as it is and I only started a week ago.

I've been looking at some of my current WIPs and I'm debating about cropping one of my HAEDs and I'd like some input (just in case I'm crazy you know!)

The specific WIP is Faces of Faery 79.  I'm in the middle of the top row and am thinking about just stitching the top row or so of this one.  Or, I may just stitch to the bottom of her face.  I don't know.  Any thoughts?

Here's where she is now 

and here's the whole charted picture.

I guess I've just decided I don't know what the gray thing is next to the bird skull and I don't really care for it.  If I crop at the bottom of this row of pages, it looks like I get the bottom of her nose.  Help me decide!!


Monday, November 3, 2014

5 Little Pumpkins

Last week I told you I had started 5 Little Pumpkins.   On Wednesday I finished band 1 and realized how spoiled I've been using Delicas.  This chart calls for Mill Hill beads and the're is a big difference! 


Thursday my youngest said he didn't feel good so we stayed home.  It took me all day to get this part pf the poem stitched then it took me until Sunday afternoon to finish the pumpkins.   
While I was downstairs doing laundry yesterday, I did some stash diving to see if I could find anything to tempt my mojo.   I came up with Chatelaine's Embroidered Elegance 4.  My kit even had fabric in it that just needed to be zigzagged.  
Unfortunately,  the ink in my printer was dry so I couldn't print the chart.  So, I brought Romantic Rose Garden back out.  Unfortunately all I did last night was thread my needle.   Today at work I started the eyelets in the south arch in the middle.  I probably finish that bit then switch to my new start.   Here's hoping a new start works!


Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Freebie finish

I didn't think the freebie from Chatelaine's Art Nouveau Sampler would take long to stitch up and it didn't disappoint.  I finished all the beading Saturday afternoon.

For whatever reason, Martina didn't list what the crystals were supposed to be around the center, so I just did a little stash diving and came up with these.  I think they look just fine.

Sunday, I pulled out a chart I've had since 2009.  It's called 5 Little Pumpkins by The Cat's Whiskers.

I've converted to HDF silks and pulled a piece of what I think was 32ct HDF linen.  When I counted my stitches per inch, I got 34 so it shrank a little in the drying process.  I started out with a black hand dyed then realized that with all the black in the chart, it wouldn't work.  A stash dive gave me a slightly varigated fabric that kind of reminds me of Belfast Cobblestone.  I'm getting close to being done with the trees at the top.  Pictures to come this weekend.


Sunday, October 19, 2014


This weekend, we took a mini family vacation.  We didn't go far.  Just to the other end of the state.  We live in Nebraska so the other end of the state took about 6 hours.  We left Friday morning on our way to Scottsbluff, NE.  On our way, we saw some large landmarks.

Courthouse and Jailhouse Rocks

Chimney Rock

and Scott's Bluff

During our trek, I discovered that yes, I can stitch over one in a moving vehicle.  So I finished Art Nouveau Sampler on Saturday!

and started the freebie that Martina included with the chart.

As you can tell from this picture, I also had an attack of the frogs.

Now, I'm off to fix what I had to frog and move on.


Monday, October 13, 2014

Yellow flowers

Last week's stitching has been kind of slow.  I've been sidetracked by a couple of books.  I think there were a total of three I've finished and another one I'm in the middle of.  Sometimes I regret taking that speed reading class in seventh grade.  ;)

Last night I did get the flowers stitched and beaded before I started on the stem and leaves.

Tonight, I'm hoping to finish the stem and leaves and move onto my name and the date.  Thankfully the letters for those are not as large as the other letters of the pattern.  Thank you Martina!