Sunday, August 15, 2010

The temperature today was survivable compared to the temps for the last week or so. So, what do I decide to do? This morning when I got up, I went out to the garden and picked two five gallon buckets of tomatoes. Then I ran them through a food mill and I've been cooking down the juice for the rest of the day. I'm making ketchup of all things. In previous years, I've just canned the juice, but we don't seem to use it fast enough. Last year I made ketchup with a purchased mix and we used it all! Problem is, I don't know exactly what was in that mix. This year, I'm trying a recipe I found online. Don't know if it's any good or not cause it's still cooking!!!! I think next weekend, we're going to do some pizza sauce. It's the other tomato based product I know we'll use up.

On a stitching note, I have been stitching on Caribbean this week since I finished part 12 of Zentangle...(note to self, post picture of Zentangle). I haven't gotten as far as I would like but I am making a little progress.

Now, I gotta go check my ketchup. I'm hoping to get it canned before midnight.

1 comment:

Ineke said...

Do you really have so many tomatoes?! It will be a lot of work to turn them all into ketchup and pizza sauce. And your kitchen will be tomato coloured afterwards I suspect ;o)
Be sure to get some stitching time to reward yourself when the job is done!