Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Freebie finish

I didn't think the freebie from Chatelaine's Art Nouveau Sampler would take long to stitch up and it didn't disappoint.  I finished all the beading Saturday afternoon.

For whatever reason, Martina didn't list what the crystals were supposed to be around the center, so I just did a little stash diving and came up with these.  I think they look just fine.

Sunday, I pulled out a chart I've had since 2009.  It's called 5 Little Pumpkins by The Cat's Whiskers.

I've converted to HDF silks and pulled a piece of what I think was 32ct HDF linen.  When I counted my stitches per inch, I got 34 so it shrank a little in the drying process.  I started out with a black hand dyed then realized that with all the black in the chart, it wouldn't work.  A stash dive gave me a slightly varigated fabric that kind of reminds me of Belfast Cobblestone.  I'm getting close to being done with the trees at the top.  Pictures to come this weekend.