Monday, November 25, 2013

New Start!

This weekend was a very quiet one with just me and one of my boys.  The other one is with his dad in Oklahoma.  So, we didn't do a lot.
I've started struggling with Lust, so Saturday night, I decided to put her away for a bit and start something new.  Here's where she is now.

Then, I went stash diving.  I pulled out Rose Garden Mandala from the September 2009 issue of The Gift of Stitching Magazine.  

photo from europeanxs.com

I've had it kitted forever!  Once I found a piece of fabric and zig-zagged the edges, I was ready to go.  Then I put the first couple of stitches in and decided I had to go stash diving because the color I was using was way to light on white.  Yesterday, I got a bit stitched.  


I'm using a LE color from HDF for the GLO Lavender Ice that doesn't have all the colors that the original does, but from some of the pictures I've seen online this will work just fine.  Now, I just have to go pick up four colors of DMC and I'm set.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for a new start! What a beautiful choice, I'm loving the colours already. :)

Ineke said...

A beautiful start Sarah!