Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The worst thing about driving...

Friday night, we left for 25 hours and 700 miles of driving excitement.  All for a car.  Can you feel my pain?  We survived and came home with this 

I guess it will be ok.  But man that car needs some work done.  Don't get me wrong, we'll do as much as we can, which is a lot, ourselves and I know this guy that does chrome, but dang!  I've also got a promise of things to change and the title is in my name so it will all work out.  One way or another.

This week I had Lust out and made some pretty decent progress.  I knew I wouldn't be able to stitch over one on 28 ct in the truck so here is where I took her off the q-snaps Friday before we left.


I tried to stitch over two on 36 ct fabric.  But the roads were really bumpy so I gave up and read a book instead.  Here's what I managed this weekend on Dorothy.  See those dozen or so stitches on the stem from the white flowers?  That's it.


Saturday, I tried over two on 28 ct with Watergarden.  Sadly, not much happened there either.


Today has been busy with an oil change, a new tire, groceries and laundry.  I haven't managed to put a single stitch into anything.  I did go through all my HAED charts and file them in a plastic filing box I bought this morning.  I have 27 different artists represented in that box.  I am NOT going to tell how many charts are in there and how many more aren't printed. Then, I filed most of the rest of my charts in another plastic box.  Found a couple that are probably going to work their way up the list.

I think part of my problem this weekend is I really don't want to stitch anything I have out right now.  So, I've pulled out HAED's Earth Song.  It was my very first HAED start and hasn't been touched for a while.  It's either that or I'm going to start something new.  I figured this was safer...for now.

Earth Song before:






1 comment:

Ineke said...

Absolutely awful, such a long drive!!
Lucky you can read in a car, though you'd probably prefer stitching.
Nice progress on your projects.