Sunday, September 20, 2015

This year's progress on goals and page 5 progress

Recently, I was looking back at my goals for this year.  And you know what?  I realized I've done pretty darn good; especially since it's only the middle of September.  

1.  Here Comes Santa tree skirt 
goal:  finish
goal completed 1/3/15 - 2 pages

2.  Earth Song
goal:  finish page 2
goal completed 1/25/15 - 1 page

3.  Loneliness of Autumn
goal:  finish pages 1-2
goal completed 2/11/15 - 2 pages

4.  Rose Garden Mandala
goal:  finish
goal completed 3/10/15 - 4 pages

5.  Coat of Arms
goal:  pages 10-15
goal completed 5/31/15 - 5 pages

6.  5 Little Pumpkins
goal:  finish
goal completed 7/12/15 - 4 pages

7.  Nightshade
goal:  finish 4th stitched page
goal completed 7/24/15 - 1 page

There have also been the following new starts, which don't have any goals
DMC 16 color SAL
1 block completed

Chatelaine's May 2012 Consolation prize
Completed!  4 pages

Eclectic Bloke Designs Warrior Alice
1 page completed

HAED's Her Private Garden
1 page completed

Chatelaine's The Heritage Sampler
2 bands completed

I was curious how many pages I've stitched this year.  So far, including FoF 79, I've stitched a total of 31 pages.  I am including the block of the DMC SAL and each band of the new Chatelaine in that total.  Even without them, that is a really respectable total!!

The goals I have remaining are:

1.  Faces of Fairy 79
goal:  finish
I'm currently about half way through page 5 with only a very skinny page 6

2.  Lust
goal:  finish pages 19-20
Page 19 is done with page 20 about a quarter done

3.  Loara Standish
goal:  band 2
I really want to try to make some progress on poor Loara this year.  I started her as a reversable sampler.  I don't know if that is my problem or if it is the teeny tiny fabric.  

4.  The Master
goal:  page 1
I just need to pull him out and work on him.  All those grays are tough though.

I also have a goal on the HAED BB of starting SS Daybreak and finishing page 1.  Fabric is ready to go and I've purchased all the DMC I needed.

This weekend, I started working on my youngest son's bed.  I've made pretty good progress too. I just ran out of weekend.  Tomorrow, I need to find the flattest part of floor in the garage and unscrew and reattach the darker slats in the headboard since I'm not happy with how they are sitting in the frame but otherwise, I think I'm ready for polyurethane.  That will probably be later this week since there's football Tuesday afternoon.
Here's a current progress picture.  I is pretty much sitting like it will be when it's put together.  The outside rails just aren't attached to the outside of the feet yet.

My fairy has made pretty good progress this week too.



Becca said...

Wow, you have been busy!

Congrats on all the goal finishing!

Heather said...

Nice progress on the bed and stitching they look great! Congrats on meeting your goals and good luck with your new ones!