Monday, August 1, 2011

The countdown continues...

Oh, look at that.  It's after midnight again on a Sunday night and I'm just now getting a post here.  Funny how that works.  I guess today I can chalk it down to taking a long, very nice nap this afternoon.  Screwed me all up.  Jakob had a birthday party at one of the local pools that the birthday boy's mom called and asked if I was interested in having her pick up Jakob.  It upset Joshua, but I jumped all over that offer!  So, instead of spending my afternoon poolside, I got to stay inside with my summertime favorite, the air conditioner. 

I did get some stitching done around my nap schedule today though.  I've just finished another 1/8th of the border of Frosty Knotgarden.  I'm now 1/2 the way through all the repeats of the piles of snow.  At least I think that is what makes up the border. 

Over the course of the last couple of weeks, I've also made a start on a new piece from the Sticklounge group.  This one is called Petit Sampler.  It's being stitched on 40 ct HDF fabric in the color Mermaid Blue with a custom color whose name escapes me right now.  I could go find it but I'll have to post that information next time.


There are a couple of pieces that will be started with the Sticklounge group in the near future which will interfere with some of the new Chatelaines that are starting.  It's a good thing I haven't placed a new silk order for them yet or I would probably be downstairs cutting fabric instead of working on current WIPs.  Hopefully my willpower can hold out a little while longer!

4 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Very nice, on both pieces. Your Chat is beautiful! And I love the colors you're using in the Petit Sampler.

Joysze said...

Frosty looks...... frosty!!! :D I'm going to have to start this one soon.

Good for you for staying in the a/c. I'd have jumped all over that too.

Nice start on Petit.... looking forward to seeing more. How's the willpower going? ;)

Lissanne said...

Frosty is so sparkly! I have my eye on working this one day! I can't wait to see what yours will look like finished!

Andie said...

Wow! Frosty looks fantastic! Wanna share your conversion? ;)