Wednesday, April 28, 2010


Well I haven't finished my headboard yet, but I'm close! I just have to finish those darn buttons. It seems I should have drilled larger holes through the plywood to make them easier to find when pushing the needle back through. Live and learn, I guess! But I still thought I should share a picture. What do you think? Haven't decided which way is up yet, but there it is.



I've had a busy couple of days on the stitching side of my life. Yesterday, I spent a couple of hours choosing colors for two new charts I got in the mail Monday. I ordered One Nation and Quaker Virtues by Bygone Stitches. I've decided to stitch them in silk from Hand-Dyed Fibers I'll be stitching One Nation in Dragon Blood, Examplar White Chocolate and Zaffre Cobalt. I'm hoping they look really good together. I'll be stitching it on 32 ct Coffee also by HDF. Quaker Virtues will be on 32 ct Light Coffee in Dragon Opal as the main color and Examplar Crushed Berry as the Accent. This one should look very dramatic.

Since I decided yesterday that I needed something totally different what what I've been stitching recently, namely HAEDs and Chatelaines I chose a little chart I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby a while ago. Last night, I coffee dyed the fabric and think it turned out really well. It's a light brown color that is just a little mottled. Here's the chart and my floss toss. This is my first piece in all HDF



The colors from left to right are:Yellow Spice 4163, Yellow Spice 4161, Dragon Blood, Examplar Fleckstone, Old Blue Eyes and Mermaid Blue 2327. The one I'm stitching now is a Christmas gift for our daycare provider. I know she really loves Americana and would REALLY like to have One Nation, but this one I can get done a whole lot faster AND I bought enough of the silks to do one for me!







No comments: