Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Garden Verses and 2 FFO's

Over the last week, I've continued to make progress on Garden Verses.  Here's a picture from Saturday when I moved my qsnaps.
I've since almost finished the purple, but I don't have another picture.

I also decided to frame a couple of pieces.  I started out with four but didn't like the frames for two of them once I brought them upstairs.  But two is better than what I had.

So, here is FFO #1
A Stitcher's Heart from Sekas & Co

and FFO #2
FoF 79.  Artwork by Jasmine Becket-Griffith, charted by HAED

Both were frames purchased from Michaels, probably during a sale.  I tend to pick up square frames even if I don't know what I"m going to use them for.  The mat for FoF 79 started out white but I didn't like it with the stitching and the frame so I painted it black and speckled it with some silver.  I think it turned out pretty nice.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Always nice to get the pieces framed and up. I love the FoF mat, it really bring out the colours in her hair. Great progress on Garden Verses.

Renee said...

Beautiful finishes! I love the way your mat turned out. Perfect!

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow you have done so much on Garden Verses. The colours look amazing. Good job! I love the silver specks on the mat for FOF79 that looks really effective. I agree with you the white mat would have killed the design.
xo Alicia