Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm going to get a post with some pics up later today. Right now the boys want breakfast!

We just spent Friday evening and Saturday in the hospital with Granny. She's now in hospice. Thursday night I talked to my folks to get an update and was told that there were more complications. Her leg had been hurting for a ocuple of days and when the hospital did an ultrasound, they found a major blood vessel was mostly or totally obstructed. That meant no surgery for the cancer. There was a family meeting Friday. I asked Mom what they were going to do. She asked me how much I wanted her put through.

We got to the hospital Friday about the time Granny was being moved to hospice. There is no course of treatment at this time. They're just keeping her comfortable with means morphine. She sleeps most of the time and when she does wake up, she doesn't know where she's at. She seems to recognize me when I was up close talking to her, otherwise, not so much. I'll probably be going back out sometime this week.

1 comment:

Joysze said...

Sarah, words aren't enough, so I will just say that you're in my thoughts and I hope that your Granny is comfortable and as you and your family go through this very difficult time, that you find strength in each other. Sending you lots of hugs.