Monday, July 1, 2019

Finish!!!!!

Page 41 - finished 6/30/19

 Page 36 - finished 6/30/19

Finish!!  6/30/19 

I've almost finished the house on my son's stocking and I'm thinking of working on this one for a while to move it along.

I went to an estate sale Friday and Saturday.  The lady had been a quilter and a needleworker.  There were a lot of charts and kitted projects and some started projects.  There were also silks.  OMG!!  When I saw the Waterlilies tag, in a bin marked $0.50, I about died.  The first day, I brought home over 50 skeins of Waterlilies and had found Au Ver a Soie.  For $20.  I also got a bag of Weeks for $25.  Saturday, when we went back, there was a tub marked $100 for the entire thing.  There were a lot of Waterliles in the bottom so I bought it.  Here's what I found...





This sale was posted on Facebook Marketplace so I PM'd the daughter and asked about the remaining items since on Sunday the prices had dropped 50%.  I don't know if I'll hear anything back but I'd take all the remaining needlework supplies off their hands because there were things I would have liked, they were just overpriced for a garage/estate sale.


5 comments:

Terri said...

Congrats on the finish! And WOW! What a haul! Congrats on that, too! :-)

Poppypatchwork said...

Beautiful finish, can't wait to see it framed, it should be hung in a place of honour, all your hard work.
Wow, well done you for your find, every one loves a bargain.

The Crafty Princess said...

CONGRATULATIONS CONGRATULATIONS CONGRATULATIONS!!

She looks amazing!! Loved watching your progress on this. And Oh my goodness that is quite the beautiful stash enhancement. Lucky girl it's going to be fun figuring out what you will use them all on.
xo Alicia

Shortbread and Ginger said...

That is an amazing piece of work! Fabulous!

Agi said...

Lust is gorgeous, and the silks you have found are amazing. I am always wondering whether people know how much money goes to such an inventory, and how much of the non-stitchers are underestimating the price (and the pleasure!) of having such a beauties.