Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Thanks for all the great comments! I really appreciate them.
As promised, I have an update on Iris that is being stitched with the Sticklounge group. Now, I have to go decide what to stitch next. Loara is probably out tonight since it is 11:30 and I'm just going to finish watching the first episode of season 2 of Game of Thrones before bed.
Monday, February 18, 2013
With now school Friday, I had a little more stitching time. Here's part 8 of Deep Blue Sea. I skipped one of the blue fish, but that was on purpose. I just decided that I liked the odd number better and it didn't look as cramped as that extra fish would have. I had some problems counting the coral again. This time, I just went with it. Unless you're looking for it, you'll never notice it.
Here's part 8
And here's an over view. The final four parts fill in the corners and look smaller than the last four parts so I'm hoping each one will only take a week or so to stitch up.
Iris came back out Friday night and I'm getting close to a part finish there too. I would have been almost done with it, but I had the frogs attack there to. Since that one is more symmetrical and the error would have been way more noticeable, it got frogged and is restitched. Hopefully tonight I'll have that done and have to make a decision about what to pull out next. The first row of pages of Dorothy Walpole, part 8 of Deep Blue Sea and part 3 of Iris were my goals for this month on one of the BBs I participate on. So do I stitch another page of Dorothy, start part 9 of DBS, work on band 2 of Loara Standish or pull out a totally different WIP for some love?
Monday, February 11, 2013
I've been working on Deep Blue Sea this week and I've managed to get the frame for part 8 done. Yesterday, I also finished the waves and those darn jelly fish. I got a little but done on the coral at the bottom of the frame too, but got distracted by a book for a bit before bed last night.
Here's part 8
And the whole thing. It wasn't laid flat to take a picture which resulted in the right side looking kind of wonky :)
Sunday, February 3, 2013
Hi all! I'm posting from my phone again since I still can't get online from my computer right now. I'm supposed to get some help with that later today.
Yesterday I finished the first two pages of Dorothy Walpole. I'm really enjoying stitching her but decided to take a break from her for a bit.
@Ineke: Dorothy has a number of stitches. They are Florentine, cross, petit point, eyelet, Queen, herringbone, and counted satin.
I've pulled Deep Blue Sea out for a bit. It was started around 2012's New Year. I would really like to see a finish with it soon. The picture is if part eight. After that it looks like the parts get smaller.